So, I have been successful, in finally finding a calendar that can be put online and is interactive. Unfortunately, there are a few quirks to be overcome setting it up, but it does work.
First, a gmail address is required to edit the calendar and to comment here. This is both for access across linked sites, and security. If you don't already have one, you will need to get one to access this site beyond, "read only".
Second, I need to write up a "how-to" article to allow everyone to manage the calendar collectively. At this point, I am also suggesting that our children access the calendar, and set up their own times without having to go to their parents to do it. In the past, this meant I had to edit the calendar, and as a result, when there was a dispute, I ended up being dragged into it. Not good for me, (see point four).
Third, this will require a set of rules that everyone has agreed to, and therefore we will need to have a family meeting at some point soon if this is to work. Everything we have been able to research tells us that we need to organize ourselves to work together and use a good deal of understanding and flexibility or this won't work. The end result if we fail, will be the eventual loss of the cottage. Our family cottage will then become someone else's dream, (or nightmare as the case may be).
Fourth, we need to have a system for actually sorting out who will be using the camp, and when. I have some suggestions, but this needs to be agreed to by all at a meeting, where I can explain how it might be best to go about this. More on that later.
Finally, we are going to need to come to agreements on how we use the camp and what we will agree is acceptable usage. Again, I can't do this myself, it has to be a group descision.
If anyone disagrees at this point, let me know, because I have other things to do besides dealing with family disputes. If so, I will stop wasting my time. I am hoping for a solution we can all live with.
Please read the link page it has a couple of articles about this problem and might help...
ReplyDelete